AES is offering two Electrokinetics & Microfluidics workshops on Sunday, October 28th at the Courtyard by Marriott, Meeting Room A, Pittsburg, PA.
AES Microfluidics Workshop Part I – Fundamental of Electrokinetics and Microfluidics.
Instructor is Dr. Todd Squires (UCSB). Some of the topics that will be covered are:
- Linear electrokinetic phenomena and how to think about them.
- Nonlinear electrokinetic phenomena.
- Effects of surface conduction and ion conservation.
- Convection vs. diffusion, Peclet number for separations, filtration and mixing.
- Convection, diffusion, and reactions for sensor applications.
- Live demo experiments with LabSmith equipment.
Workshop I runs 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM. The fees are Professors and Industry $149; Students and post-docs $99; Undergraduates $10. Registration fee includes a free registration for AES Microfluidic Workshop Part II.
AES Microfluidics Workshop Part II – Modeling of Electrokinetic microfluidic problems with COMSOL
The instructor is Dr. Ahsan Munir (COMSOL). The instructor will provide copies of the latest COMSOL numerical simulation software, including a two-week temporary license, and work through example problems from the morning session. Workshop II runs 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM; registration is $25 for those not registered for Part I (morning workshop).
Workshop registration is closed